Heart Rate Variance is a measurement of the tempo of your heart beat which, when combined with your heart rate, enables us to evaluate the activity of the autonomic nervous system. We do this by using state of the art Firstbeat body monitors to observe the rate at which your heart beat increases, allowing us to identify changes in adrenal activity within the body and thus monitor the autonomic nervous system.
There are two elements of the autonomic nervous system.
SYMPATHETIC – Adrenaline, fight/flight responses (stress and reactions to stress)
PARASYMPATHETIC – Rest and recovery responses
When these two elements are in balance, we are capable of making great decisions more often over a long period of time, especially under the sustained pressure of business and life.
Benefits of the assessment
• Understanding your personal response to pressure and stress
• Measuring the quality of your sleep and recovery
• Assessing the effectiveness of your exercise and training regime
• Measuring the quality of your recovery during the day
• Assessing your wellbeing and positive energy levels
• Assessing your physical and mental capacity to perform under pressure
What will it tell me?
Your HRV assessment will give you an in-depth understanding of a variety of indicators which combine to give you a clear view of your wellbeing and consequent ability to perform at the highest level both mentally and physically, but especially under pressure. It will also enable you to make informed decisions about your health and wellbeing, as well as monitoring your bodily resources and planning accordingly.